| Overall Job Purpose: |
The Museum Store Assistant (“Assistant”) provides welcoming and friendly assistance and information to Driehaus Museum guests and members in the Museum Store (“Store”). The Assistant also provides support to the Museum Store Manager (“Manager”). The Assistant effectively and efficiently promotes and facilitates sales and transactions of various Museum merchandise using a point of sales terminal, along with back office tasks associated with the Store as assigned by the Manager. As one of the primary contacts with Museum guests, the Assistant must possess the ability to interact with individuals of various demographics, backgrounds, nationalities, and languages. Additionally, the Assistant will have impeccable hospitality, communication, and customer service skills and will be comfortable managing multiple priorities while working in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
In the Store:
• Provides exceptional customer service and ensure all displays and supplies are well stocked at all time. Advise Manager when products are running low to ensure merchandise is reordered in a timely manner.
• Ensures the Store is well maintained (clean and orderly) as per the directives of the Manager and ensures Visitor Services Associates are assisting with these tasks.
• Assists in the development of new product to complement incoming exhibitions.
• Maintains organization of Store storage room, back office and offsite storage.
• Assists with processing product deliveries by ensuring shipping quantities match order totals.
• Tags/prices all new products and organizes into storage room.
• Processes any outgoing shipments of products to customers.
• Files order confirmations/packing slips into vendor folders once shipment has been confirmed and added into ALTRU.
• Alerts Manager when items need to be reordered or if books/packaging are needed from off-site storage.
• Monitors store supplies and communicates when reorders are needed.
• Maintains and updates the Store Information Binder.
• Works with Manager to ensure online orders are fulfilled and shipped out in a timely manner.
• Monitors and maintains the online Store stock levels and inventory.
• Assists with year-end inventory count and audit.
• Supervises and trains Visitor Services Associates and/or Volunteers working in the Store.
• Operates computer-based point of sale register and ensures all cash handling policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Effectively sells membership and ensures all Visitor Services Associates are promoting membership to each guest.
• Completes and follows all daily procedures forms.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager, Supervisor on Duty or Executive Director.